tisdag 14 maj 2013

One of my favorite words!

pro·cras·ti·nate  (pr-krst-nt, pr-)
v. pro·cras·ti·nat·edpro·cras·ti·nat·ingpro·cras·ti·nates
v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
v.tr.
To postpone or delay needlessly.




This is my new favorite word!! People here use it all the time, what is the Swedish word for it? Not because I am doing it or anything ;) I have actually finished some of my biology homework, already done with math and I have done 4 out of 5 pages for my term paper! YAY. I don't have track anymore which is super strange - I have so much free time! Today at assembly the whole team went up on stage to tell the school about the successful track meet, pretty great. School today was fun! This is the last real week and then next week there is some mixing up with picnics and more. Then there is finals, then it is all over :((( I cannot really describe my feelings about going home right now, but for all I know no one would understand either.

I read earlier at a blog about being an exchange student on how relaxed people here are with clothes.It is so true!! People are very casual and I love it! A lot of people wear kind of like leggings and maybe a college sweatshirt, especially the seniors since they have decided on college. Since it is also very foggy where my school is, most people wear jeans year round. What is also very different from Sweden is that people give compliments, a lot! I think it is really great how people encourage each other all them time :)

Why I am writing in English is because it is a lot easier for me, I really don't need to think a lot while doing it and it also looks pretty great while writing :)

1 kommentar:

  1. Procastinate; according to tyda.se it means fördröja, uppskjuta, förhala. But I agree, it souns nice to say it. As it does to say Rhythm and blues!

    xoxo
    Pappa

    SvaraRadera